30 Oct 2020, 03:42
What is BPMN?
BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) is a visual modeling language of representing business processes within a business process diagram. Business Process Modeling will provide businesses with the capability of understanding their internal business procedures by making them visual. Which will give organizations the ability to communicate these procedures in a standardized manner.
To be more specific, BPMN visually describes a detailed sequence of business activities and information flows needed to execute and complete a process.
Purposes & Benefits of BPMN
The primary purpose is to improve efficiency, be able to change quickly to adapt to new circumstances, or gain competitive advantage. It works as an easy-to-understand visual representation of a process. It can help people who will implement the process to have a more detailed guide, considering that the diagram is much easier to understand than an extensive explanation in text would be. Business partners are able to have a more natural communication and collaboration. Put these two together and it’s much easier to work towards the goal of an efficient process and high-quality result by using Business Process Modeling.
- BPMN provides a standard method of business processes for a business group,
- BPMN makes it easier to share processes across organizations,
Typical users of BPMN
The primary goal of Business Process Modeling is to provide a notation that is readily understandable by all business users, including:
- The business analysts, that create the initial drafts of BPMN processes;
- The technical developers, responsible for implementing the technology, that will perform those BPMN processes;
- The business people, who will manage and monitor those processes and make decisions based on these BPMN processes.
A key element is the choice of shapes and icons used for the graphical elements identified in this specification. The intent is to create a standard visual language that all process modelers will recognize and understand.